Unfortunately, auto accidents happen to all of us at one time or another throughout life. It is easy in the heat of the situation to become frustrated with the other driver and possibly do or say things you cannot take back. The thing to remember is to all way remain calm. These few simple steps will help you to take the appropriate steps.
- Make sure the passengers with you are ok;
- Take a deep breath, step away and assess the situation if possible;
- If your vehicle is in an unsafe position, move it to safety;
- Turn on your hazard lights to alert other motorists on the roadway;
- If it has not already been done, call 911;
- Cooperate with Authorities when they arrive;