Being involved in an automobile is a traumatic event in anyone’s life. Here are 7 simple steps you should follow if you are ever involved in an accident.
1. If you are in a car wreck, immediately check yourself, your passenger and the other persons involved in the wreck for injuries.
2. Call 911 to have the police come and if there is injury send an ambulance.
3. If you suspect any injury, never hesitate to request emergency medical services to help you and transport you to the nearest hospital to be checked out and treated. To not be checked out is foolish because the trauma and emotion of the accident have dumped adrenalin in your body triggering your “flight-fight” response masking the pain of your injuries and more strength energy than you normally would.
4. Never make light of your injuries to medical professionals, everything you say can and will be used against you by the insurance company to pay you nothing for your injuries.
5. When talking to the EMS or ER personnel, be sure they understand you were in a car wreck and because of the impact you are suffering from whatever pain or physical problems you are experiencing.
6. Your first concern is always to get treatment for your injuries, never delay getting treated; therefore, go by ambulance to the ER if you were at all hurt, you just don’t know if you are seriously injured or not.
7. After being attended by the ER, the next day you should contact our Injury Hot Line at (501) 510-1036 for help.